Monday, April 4, 2011

Hi, I'm a Compulsive Shopper

At the beginning of April I made a resolve to abstain from buying anything new this month. When I came up with this idea I thought it would be pretty easy to do. Just say no! I'm capable. Well it's April 4 and I’m faltering.



Let’s just say I came across a few things I had to have:
1. Pillows for my couch from onekingslane.com. 
RATIONAL: i've been looking for a while now. My couch really needs them!

2. Lemon pitcher from italy: onekingslane.com. 
RATIONAL: Hey we are heading into summer...and it's so cute....FROM ITALY!
3. Seersucker scarf from Japan: New High Mart, Los Feliz. 
RATIONAL: IT'S SO CUTE AND CHIC! AND FROM JAPAN!
4. Beaded necklace: New High Mart, Los Feliz. 
RATIONAL: This is a work of art. So unique. I'm supporting this store and the artist who made this!!
I think it's time to get down to brass tacks. I'm a compulsive shopper! Yesterday I went to the library and checked out "Confessions of a Shopaholic." One chapter in and it's a pretty fun read. The character is very familiar. It's amazing what we can justify as we buy something...i need this, it's such a great deal i'm actually saving money, i'm helping drive the economy, it's downright patriotic! On it goes!
As any good addict will tell you it’s one day at a time with this stuff. So today I pledge to not to buy anything new. Wish me luck!

No comments: