Thursday, March 31, 2011

Where Horses Run Wild

That's how I felt this weekend at Santa Anita Park's "Uncorked" event and I was the horse! It was an open bar, open food, horse race affair and my routine throughout the day went like this: Wine, Food, Horses, Bet, Race, Wine, Food, Horses, Bet, Race, repeat...ah paradise.


In deciding what to wear to the track I mulled over the "pretty woman" dress, but instead opted for the equestrian look: black boots, cap and jeans. I'm not really the damsel in distress type, although Richard Gere is hot. But I prefer powerful women and a Ralph Lauren look.

Santa Anita is a wonderful track that harks back to the golden age of Art Deco, built in 1934.
It's just the next town over from Pasadena so it's super accessible (dangerous!). At the beginning of each race you can see the horses, jockeys and owners up close as they work their way to the field. It's a lovely sight.





On April 2 they are hosting a Food Truck Festival with over 70 trucks! Uh oh, here we go again...anyone want to join me in the fun?

No comments: