Sunday, March 27, 2011

For the Love of Art

Yesterday I spent the afternoon looking at art. First stop was LACMA where I fell for a Rodin statue. They have a wonderful little garden area with about 10 Rodin sculptures. 



Dressing for the day I wanted to look art chic. I wore a black blazer with my new Joie studded shirt. Some dark blue jeans by ACME and my spiked JCrew ballet shoes. I paired this with a scarf I got last year in  Buenos Aires, Argentina. I felt sufficiently eccentric and artsy!

I also saw a photography exhibit by Larry Fink. He worked for Vanity Fair and took photos at Oscar parties from 2000-2009. Interesting camera views and mood. It was a small show in the Resnick Pavillon with maybe 20 black and white photos. 



Next stop was a downtown LA gallery, CB1 gallery. I loved the space. The art was definitely over the top. They have a show for Larry Mantello. Never seen so many SpongBobs in one place. 


No comments: